Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kelsie Met Riley



Kelsie finally got to meet her new cousin Riley this past weekend. She was so excited on the way over to my brother and SIL's house. As soon as we got there we introduced her to her new cousin. She wasn't sure what to think. I honestly think she was disappointed that he couldn't do much right now. We tried to get her to hold him, but she wasn't having it! I think she was a little scared and jealous of him. The whole day she avoided sitting by whoever was holding him. I just think it is going to take some time for her to adjust to sharing the spotlight with Riley. Hopefully after a few more meetings and when he is able to do a little more she will want to have more to do with him. For now we will just have to take what we can get from her!

Luckily while we were there she got some special treatment, because my brother and SIL weren't able to make it to her birthday party. They had her presents from them and some cupcakes for her to celebrate. She even said that the celebration they planned was "The best party ever!". I am glad she got to have her moment in the spotlight. She also got some special one on one time wiht my brother when he took her upstairs to help him play guitar. Hopefully it helped lessen the blow of having to share it the rest of the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment