Friday, June 25, 2010

Roller Derby



We always get together with our neighbors with the kids. Well we decided it was time for us all to "escape the cul-de-sac" and go out for an adults night out on the town. We decided to check out the roller derby. We weren't sure what to expect as none of us had ever been to that one before, but it turned out to be a really fun night. It was great to watch the games and we were amazed at how strong some of those women are! We sat up above the rink and were able to see everything really clearly without being in danger of getting run over. We will remember next time to bring our own chairs, because there is very limited seating unless you want to sit in the "danger zone". Other than that we had lots of fun.

Afterward we went out and played some darts. Mike and I won which is pretty amazing considering it was my very first time to play darts!! I have to say though I definitely had some beginners luck. I got at least two bullseyes and made some other pretty good shots. It was a great night and I hope we get another opportunity to "escape the cul-de-sac" soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment