Monday, February 23, 2009

Little Gym Update


These pictures were taken outside of the gym, because I am always afraid to go in for fear that Kelsie will not want me to leave. That is why they are not exceptionally clear.




Little Gym is continuing to go really well lately. Kelsie has been going in without a fight and stays in the entire hour! Today was a little bit more of a struggle, but she got a little scared of the group activity they did. They were pretending to be caterpillars by riding ropes and I am not sure what happened exactly, but she got scared. She recovered fairly well. She needed some comforting and insisted that I stay in the gym for a little bit, but after she started ignoring me again I was able to leave. I am so happy that she is adjusting to it so well!

She is doing the warm-ups with the rest of the kids now. She NEVER did the warm-ups when in the mommy and me classes. She is even participating when they bring out the air track despite the fact that it is very loud. She is following directions well and today she even did the train when transitioning between the "stations".

She is even taking the initiative to get her friend Sophia more involved. Sophia has not been wanting to participate a whole lot, so Kelsie has been talking her into it or grabbing her hand and telling her to come play! That is such a huge accomplishment for Kelsie to do something like that!! I couldn't be prouder of my little girl!!

1 comment:

  1. that looks like such a fun place. glad she's doing well on her own.

    ReplyDelete