Thursday, December 18, 2008

Another Good Day!

Today for the first time all year Kelsie walked into her school (Mother's Day Out) all the way to her classroom! Usually I have to carry her and all of her stuff all the way from the car into the school. Up until today if I tried to make her walk she would literally sit down where ever she was at the moment and refuse to move while having a major tantrum. I took a big chance today, because the parking lot was wet and last time she purposely sat down right into a puddle! Yesterday gave me hope that it would work, because she 1. did so well at the children's museum and 2. did well when we went shopping last night.

I have her ENT to thank for all of this. The allergy medicine he prescribed has made a huge difference. She is now only waking once a night instead of several times and she typically goes right back to sleep instead of staying up for hours at a time. We are just thrilled, because she is able to cope with day-to-day challenges so much better now that she is actually getting some sleep. I am praying this trend continues. My biggest fear of course is that after a little while the medicine won't help anymore, but for now it is working like a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment