Thursday, June 4, 2009

Swim Lessons

Yesterday was our first swim lesson with Mr. Sam and Sophia. I wasn't really sure what to expect and was nervous that Kelsie would not do anything, but I was surprised at how confident Mr. Sam was with the girls. When they were resistant he would just swoop them up and get them to do what he asked. I really think his confidence made the girls do more than Heather and I would have thought. Kelsie did things I have never been able to get her to even try. She blew bubbles in the water, she kicked her feet with two noodles underneath each arm, she let him tilt her backward in the water a little, and he even had them dunk their heads under the water. I was amazed! My goal for the end of summer was for Kelsie to get her head under the water, so for that to happen in the first lesson was unbelievable to me. Kelsie was definitely resistant to all of it, but didn't fight too much once Mr. Sam had her in her arms. She didn't cry at all that I saw and I was watching the entire time.

Kelsie was done about 25 minutes into the 30 minute lesson and she got out of the pool, but I think that it is great that she lasted almost the entire time. I hope all of the lessons go so well. I have no idea what I should set as my goals now since she did so much so soon. I guess I will just have to wait and see what Mr. Sam is capable of getting her to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment