Monday, June 22, 2009

Swim Lessons



Unfortunately our last two sessions of swim lessons have been rough. Kelsie always enjoys the very first thing they do which is to swim using the "barbells", but after that she wants nothing to do with the lessons at all. I have tried encouragement, bribery, and today I even sat out in the pool during the lesson and none of it is working. Our next step is to just work with her more and more between lessons in hopes that she will get used to it all. I hate seeing her struggle, but I do think it is very important to follow through with the lessons for safety reasons as well as getting her used to doing things outside of her comfort zone. I am hoping that eventually she will enjoy the lessons again like she did the first couple, but I don't know how long that will take. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment