Monday, March 9, 2009

Kelsie can be such a turkey!

Lately Kelsie has really been expressing her feelings in words more. She will tell you when she is mad at you, when she is happy, or when she "had a good nap". Those are not too surprising because we are encouraging her to use her words to express her feelings instead of just throwing a tantrum or crying. However she has recently said some things that just really shocked me.

For example one day when I was struggling with her to put on her clothes she pushed it to the point where it required a time out (unfortunately that is not too unusual). Well after the time out I explained why she got the time out as we always do and she looked at me and said "I'm sorry mommy I was just testing you". I couldn't believe it! I didn't even know she knew what testing was!

Tonight she did it again only to my mom. My mom was washing her hair in the bathtub (which she hates) and Kelsie looked at my mom and said "I'm gonna cry". It was almost like a threat that if my mom didn't stop she would cry!

It still amazes me the conceptual leaps Kelsie can make. She is able to take things that she may have only heard once and use it appropriately! I can't believe the things that come out of her mouth sometimes. I guess that is why they say kids say the darnedest things. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment