Sunday, March 8, 2009

Potty Training Day 7

We had a huge milestone today. Kelsie used the potty at Kroger!! This is the first time she has used a public toilet. She was resistant at first, but I am bringing her potty seat from home with us everywhere we go and when she saw that she relaxed. She is still scared of the loud flushing noise the toilets make, so I waited until she left the stall to flush. I just did what I usually do and explained that it was the potty flushing and there was nothing to worry about, so she calmed down fairly quickly. Unfortunately someone came over the loud speaker while we were in there and that was really scary for her. (It is much louder in there than it is out in the store)It took us a minute to calm down after that, but she did and she was still so proud that she used the potty!

Overall today has been terrific! She used the potty several times at grandma and grandpa's house and didn't even have a full accident while she was there. She had gone pee-pee just a little in her panties then ran to the potty to finish up! She went poop on the potty while there and she has gone once here. She had a pee-pee accident here after we got home, but I still think she is just doing wonderfully! So today she has only had 1 full accident and 2 of the 1/2 accidents. She had another 1/2 accident where she went a little in her panties and then finished in the potty after dinner. Again another successful day!

2 comments:

  1. She is doing so terrific! Better than me, I balk at the potties at Kroger sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it helps a lot that I am bringing her potty seat along. That way she doesn't have to touch the dirty potty! I agree public restrooms are no fun, but unfortunately they are a necessary evil! :(

    ReplyDelete