Thursday, March 5, 2009

Potty Training Day 4

Today was a pretty good potty day. Kelsie told me she needed to go without prompting twice, she went at school with no issues, and she went to the potty twice at Grammy's house which she has never done before! We experimented with not setting the timer and letting her tell us when she needed to go and I don't think she is completely ready for that yet. She had 2 1/2 accidents today. One pee accident was on the way home from school in her pull up, so I'm not sure if I should count that one. She basically thinks of them like they are diapers. The second one was a pee accident in panties while at home. I think she just was playing and distracted, so she didn't feel the need to go. The 1/2 one I realized she was starting to poop in her panties and ran her into the bathroom. She then proceeded to finish pooping in the potty!! I think she is doing wonderfully! It is totally normal to have accidents in the beginning and for 4 days the number she has had is very minimal. We are so proud of her!

Unfortunately her focus on potty training seems to definitely be affecting her behavior. Like any child Kelsie has some instances where she may get a time out at school, but today she got 3 apparently for repeatedly taking toys from the other kids and not listening to her teacher. We also have had more issues at home too. I am assuming she gets frustrated that she hasn't mastered a skill, so she acts out to compensate. I really hope that as we get further into the potty training process some of that will disappear. We will see!

No comments:

Post a Comment