Monday, January 12, 2009

Terrible start to the day again!

We had Little Gym today which used to be a great time. Kelsie used to love it especially the times like now when we have Ms. Melissa as our teacher. Well that sadly doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I am not sure what is going on, but suddenly Little Gym is a cause of stress instead of being a source of fun. I know most people would probably say no big deal just take her out, but I have issues with that decision for several reasons. First Little Gym has really helped Kelsie's gross motor skills tremendously and has helped her to become less clumsy and more coordinated. Second it is something she used to really look forward to and she has bonded with Ms. Melissa so well that I hate to take another person that she is attached to out of her life right now. Also she is in general going through a bad phase right now, so if I take her out now I won't know if her actions are due to not liking Little Gym anymore or to the bad phase.

It just is hard right now because Little Gym is basically the first thing we do on Mondays, and struggling with her not doing well is not how I want to start our week. To top it all of she is supposed to move up to the non-mommy and me class starting next Monday. I just don't know if that is a good idea right now. I want to let her try because she sometimes does better if I am not there, but would hate to do that to whatever poor teacher she may have next! I am going to talk to Mike about it and see what he thinks, but I think I am leaning more toward taking her out even though that makes me a little sad.

1 comment:

  1. I never know what to do in those situations. I have heard people say that sometimes when the parent is out of the dynamic things go better, especially at three, but its not necessarily universal. It sounds like you guys had a rough start to the week.

    ReplyDelete